Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-18-2006, 11:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

What seller are you guys getting the beautiful LR from on ebay. I may go that route if I can find a reliable seller.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 02-19-2006, 12:16 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'd go with the seller that's on the East Coast. It's says so right in the title. I think most of them sell the same Walt Smith rock. Good luck.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:46 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
Yeah I Searched e-bay, by the time you add their out of controll shipping rates, you pay far more than if you buy it from Liveaquaria.com.

I havent found anyone selling it on ebay cheaper than liveaquaria.com for OTD (Out The Door) price.

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Marinecenter.com has a box of fiji 50lb for $169 free shipping.

Kinda seems unreal, and of coarse the pics on the website look immaculate but who knows how its really gonna show up. Might be worth a look though.

Intmarinefish.com has a deal on caribbean live rock for cheap and free shipping as well.

neither of these sites Ive bought from but both have enticed me.

regards
Old 02-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad
Yeah I Searched e-bay, by the time you add their out of controll shipping rates, you pay far more than if you buy it from Liveaquaria.com.

I havent found anyone selling it on ebay cheaper than liveaquaria.com for OTD (Out The Door) price.

-TheChad
Thats sounds strange to me. Liveaquaria's OTD is close to $6/lb. You're telling me all the sellers on Ebay are charging $4/lb to ship? I highly doubt it.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the rock I just picked up. 25lbs for $55. Even with shipping it's worht it, and cheaper than anywhere else I could find it. And this is all going in a 20gal. Sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rock4_107.jpg (154.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg rock3_271.jpg (159.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg rock6_164.jpg (128.9 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad

-TheChad
Thats sounds strange to me. Liveaquaria's OTD is close to $6/lb. You're telling me all the sellers on Ebay are charging $4/lb to ship? I highly doubt it.

Anyways, here are some pictures of the rock I just picked up. 25lbs for $55. Even with shipping it's worht it, and cheaper than anywhere else I could find it. And this is all going in a 20gal. Sweet!

As I stated in my very first post. From Live Aquaria.com its $3.59/lb for Fiji Premium Live Rock Shipped! ($89.99 for 45lbs, and $1.59/lb for Overnight Shipping. $1.59 x 45 = $71.55 + $89.99 = $161.54 / 45 = $3.5897/lb).

If you find it cheaper than that shipped on eBay, let me know!

The price you are speaking of from Live Aquaria is for the 'Select' LR.

-TheChad
Old 02-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Anyone know what the difference is between Caribbean LR and Fiji LR? Is one better than another? Or is Live rock, Live Rock doesn't matter where it comes from?

Thanks,

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well seems like a decent deal then. You can see pics of the 'select' LR on SuperWades2 post.

Quote:
If you find it cheaper than that shipped on eBay, let me know!
I did find it cheaper, on ebay

My understanding is that 'Carribean' is dried lettuce rock and lighter than Fiji. So you should get more rock for your money. I've seen a few tanks with it and I think it looks nice. Most of the time it has lots of life.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
i htink mine was from walt smith too. i got 10 lbs for $40, shipped to my door. i think theyve raised the prices to 2.25, but still alot better then lfs. the same would have cost $80, plus the drive to get it. http://cgi.ebay.com/WaltSmith-Premiu...QQcmdZViewItem

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsnsofadrgn
i htink mine was from walt smith too. i got 10 lbs for $40, shipped to my door. i think theyve raised the prices to 2.25, but still alot better then lfs. the same would have cost $80, plus the drive to get it. http://cgi.ebay.com/WaltSmith-Premiu...QQcmdZViewItem
Yeah, I got mine off the same guy. I picked mine up though.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com