Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to vsnsofadrgn
i lied, i checked my ebay record and this is what i got. http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-PREMIUM-CU...QQcmdZViewItem pretty good not much in the way of hitchhikers, but lr anyways. i would expect anything to live through shipping anyways.

hope dies last
vsnsofadrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

When I run that through their shipping calculator I end up with $6.59 per pound for overnight shipping ($111.03 shipping) or $5.48 per pound for 2 day shipping.
A 22 pound box from LiveAquaria is $5.22 per pound with overnight shipping.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor1701d
When I run that through their shipping calculator I end up with $6.59 per pound for overnight shipping ($111.03 shipping) or $5.48 per pound for 2 day shipping.
A 22 pound box from LiveAquaria is $5.22 per pound with overnight shipping.
Again $5.22/lb is for the 'select' Fiji, it's only $3.60/lb shipped for the Premium Fiji LR I posted above.

(But they are out of stock right now)

-TheChad
Old 02-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsnsofadrgn
i lied, i checked my ebay record and this is what i got. http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-PREMIUM-CU...QQcmdZViewItem pretty good not much in the way of hitchhikers, but lr anyways. i would expect anything to live through shipping anyways.
After shipping this would cost 3.14/lb. Slightly less that LiveAquaria.com For less than .50/lb difference I would buy from LiveAquaria.com . Just my opinion.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Freak

ordering from ebay worked out great for me!!! i got my rock shipped at about $3 a pound... it all depends on where it has to be shipped.. i know oceanpro aquatics is out of california so if your on the east coast you may have better luck from liveaquaria... but on the west coast you can prabably get it for real cheap from ebay... HTH!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:12 AM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey TheChad, I too am planning to order from LiveAquaria next month. I will be getting a box of the foundation rock and then another box of the Select Lalo Rock. That'll give me 65 pounds in a 46-gallon, so I am hoping it'll work out well! I've heard great things about liverocks.com, but they seem to still be out of business for the moment...

I'll build a foundation with the first box and then place the Lalo rock over the top of it. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Whatever you decide to do, post pictures!

Paul

46 Gallon (Saltwater): 60 pounds Lalo Live Rock, 60 pounds aragonite sand, 1 Coral Beauty Angelfish, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Mushroom Coral, 1 Emerald Crab, various snails and hermit crabs.

10 Gallon (Saltwater quarantine):
pkremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:58 AM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
I orderd my LR today from International Marine Fish It was $157.50 (Shipped) for 50lbs of Caribbean Premium Table Live Rock, making it $3.15/lb.

I will post pictures when I get it.

I also ordered a 50lb box of CaribSea Reef Rock from That Pet Place. So we will have 100lbs of Rock, 50lbs will be LIVE, 50lbs will eventually become live, and we have 40lbs of Live Sand.

Question(s): Should I put the LR on top, or on bottom, or mix the non-live Reef Rock? How long does it usually take for the Non-Live rock to become Live with LR present?

Thanks,

-TheChad
Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 AM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

you might want to check out tampabaysaltwater.com i hear they have great rock to and prices seem fair.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com