Best Place To Get LR? (With out having to sell a kidney)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I run that through their shipping calculator I end up with $6.59 per pound for overnight shipping ($111.03 shipping) or $5.48 per pound for 2 day shipping.
A 22 pound box from LiveAquaria is $5.22 per pound with overnight shipping.

cmor1701d said:
When I run that through their shipping calculator I end up with $6.59 per pound for overnight shipping ($111.03 shipping) or $5.48 per pound for 2 day shipping.
A 22 pound box from LiveAquaria is $5.22 per pound with overnight shipping.

Again $5.22/lb is for the 'select' Fiji, it's only $3.60/lb shipped for the Premium Fiji LR I posted above.

(But they are out of stock right now)

-TheChad

ordering from ebay worked out great for me!!! i got my rock shipped at about $3 a pound... it all depends on where it has to be shipped.. i know oceanpro aquatics is out of california so if your on the east coast you may have better luck from liveaquaria... but on the west coast you can prabably get it for real cheap from ebay... HTH!

Hey TheChad, I too am planning to order from LiveAquaria next month. I will be getting a box of the foundation rock and then another box of the Select Lalo Rock. That'll give me 65 pounds in a 46-gallon, so I am hoping it'll work out well! I've heard great things about liverocks.com, but they seem to still be out of business for the moment...:(

I'll build a foundation with the first box and then place the Lalo rock over the top of it. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Whatever you decide to do, post pictures!

Paul

I orderd my LR today from International Marine Fish It was $157.50 (Shipped) for 50lbs of Caribbean Premium Table Live Rock, making it $3.15/lb.

I will post pictures when I get it.

I also ordered a 50lb box of CaribSea Reef Rock from That Pet Place. So we will have 100lbs of Rock, 50lbs will be LIVE, 50lbs will eventually become live, and we have 40lbs of Live Sand.

Question(s): Should I put the LR on top, or on bottom, or mix the non-live Reef Rock? How long does it usually take for the Non-Live rock to become Live with LR present?

Thanks,

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom