Best place to get sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to get sand for my 75g. What are the best places to buy sand? I need a nice soft sand so that its doesn't hurt the belly of my baby cat shark.

Petco or petsmart and buy super naturals sand its used for both fw and sw and its great for stingrays. Its easy to clean and my fish love it!

CaribSea sugar sized sand or the next size up is still pretty small. The sugar fine sand is very soft, but it blows around tremendously so that might be a problem. Marinedepot, LFS, really anywhere or any brand works. Congrats on the shark if you have it or are getting it. Would love to see a pic!

CaribSea sugar sized sand or the next size up is still pretty small. The sugar fine sand is very soft, but it blows around tremendously so that might be a problem. Marinedepot, LFS, really anywhere or any brand works. Congrats on the shark if you have it or are getting it. Would love to see a pic!

dont have it yet, because i am preping my 75g for it first. Ill probably get the egg in a week because by the time the tank is ready it will be time for it to hatch

How exciting. Would be cool to take a pic every day then speed it up so to see the progress. How long does the egg take to hatch? I obviously don't know anything about sharks haha.

How exciting. Would be cool to take a pic every day then speed it up so to see the progress. How long does the egg take to hatch? I obviously don't know anything about sharks haha.

Depends on how far along the egg is. Normally 3-6 weeks. They hatch around 6-7" and grow a 8-12" a year.

Back
Top Bottom