Best protein skimmer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonny_raff

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was eondering everyones opinions on what the best skimmer is and which ones have had the most success!

I've had several skimmers, including the much loved reef octopus. I had the least luck with the octopus one though, might just be me since people swear by them. My favorite is the eshopps line of skimmers, they are cheaper and seem to work the best for me. I have 2 of those right now. :)

I like Bubble Magus products for efficiency and price. I also like Sea Side Aquatics skimmers, as well as Octos.
Judge skimmers by air draw first. This is the most important component.

Is the bubble magus 220 any good, will it work for a 265 gallon tank

Yup that's the one I was wonder should I get that one or the reef octopus 5000int

Eshopps, reef octopus, or bubble magnus for 90 gallon tank

It depends on which model. Just keep in mind that manufacturers tend to exaggerate the efficiency of their products. Most folks have adopted a general rule that you should purchase a skimmer rated for 1.5 to 2 times your total system volume. In other words, 90 gallon with 30 gallon sump=120 gallons so the skimmer should be rated for 180-240 gallons or more.

Back
Top Bottom