Best Salt???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it. It's higher on the calcium but a tad low on the alk. It dissolves faster and doesn't leave those little salt rocks like instant ocean has. I noticed a lot more growth on both shells of my maxima clams since I've switched to oceanic.

Oceanic makes a great salt IMO I have used both Instant Ocean and Oceanic and prefer Oceanic. Like klam stated it dissolves faster than IO and is high in CA if you do some reading on the forums about it you will see some have had PH issues with oceanic salt all i can say is I have made many batches of water with it and have never once had a problem.

And I'll chime in that I started with Instant Ocean, and am happy I'm down to about 4 cups of salt, so I can switch to my bucket of Oceanic. Despite dosing, I've never gotten my calcium past 375ppm. Maybe I dose to cautiously, but I'm ready to try something new.

I use Instant Ocean but have not tried Oceanic. I get a small error in ammonia reading with Instant Ocean I will try Oceanic when my bag of Instant Ocean runs out.

Back
Top Bottom