Best Snails & Crabs??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure about the crabs since I have not bought any in awhile but for snails, I try to get a mixture of Cerith and Nassarius. I love the Nassarius since they work the sand bed but Cerith do more up top. They are not big either so they dont knock stuff over like turbos. Plus they can right themselves.

I like astreas they do a great job on my glass. I like blue legs for crabs even though they don't do much algae cleaning.

nassarius obsoleta (sp?)...I just got 300 of these little fellas off ebay and I cannot believe how hard they work. Glass, sand, you name it. I put twenty in each of my tanks and then the rest in the 175 and they have been in there a week and I am amazed.

Look in my profile and you will see why so many.....but even then, I really need more if you go by the rule of thumb of one critter per gallon.

Nassarius snails and marguritas are my person favorite as far as snails go.
Blue or red leg hermits are good. And emrald crabs are good too.

nassarius obsoleta I got 50 Off Ebay also they are great and can flip over when they fall, I also have some turbos but they are a wrecking crew, Also i have like 10 red scarlet reef hermits 2 electric blue, and a bunch of misc ones Emeralds are good for bubble algae

Back
Top Bottom