Best tank size for a reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like a 40 gallon breeder is just right for you. Petco is having a $1 per gallon sale right now.

Best tank for a reef is the largest one you can reasonably afford to set up & run..... The more water volume you have, the longer it takes for minor problems to become major ones, and gives you more time to catch them.

As to your other question, personally longer tank is better than taller.... taller tanks require more powerful (read: expensive) lights to "punch" down through for proper coral growth.

Picked up one to use as a sump yesterday. The store by my home only had one so dont wait if you plan on getting one.

Picked up one to use as a sump yesterday. The store by my home only had one so dont wait if you plan on getting one.

Not sure my parents would be keen on holding a 40 gallon aquarium until we move (2nd week of may).

So for a 40 gallon stock could I do-
1 dwarf fuzzy lionfish (last and when fish are big enough)
2 clownfish
1 coral beauty
Some gobies (recommendations)
Some type of blenny
Reccomend a CUC?

I would stay away from the lion. I have a pink spot gobby the closest thing I havecto a blenny would be a royal gramma.

It was in the sunday add this week. Look up there ad on the internet you will see if it is were you live. Here in Phoenix it is

I just called my local one and they are having the sale too. At that price I may go get a couple just to have on hand. Thanks for the sale tip.

I just called my local one and they are having the sale too. At that price I may go get a couple just to have on hand. Thanks for the sale tip.

And to help out with that, if you use the DuBois petco they have been getting in cooler/rarer fish and inverts lately. If I remember correctly their stuff comes in on Tuesdays, so showing up on Wednesdays is a good day to check things out and will usually go on sale the following week.

Back
Top Bottom