best test kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Salifert... this question gets asked every week (like a lot of other) so you will probably find more info than you ever wanted if you use the Search button.

I, too, have a few Seachem test kits. They are really good tests as well. But I always thought they were a little complicated to use, especially the Mg test kit. I switched over to Salifert and never looked back. Although the PO4 kit from Salifert leaves a lot to be desired.

There are pros and cons with each manufacturer. You can't go wrong with either Seachem or Salifert.

The Seachem Iodine test is killing me. Haven't got a good reading yet. Makes you feel like a mad scientist.:bad-words:

Yeah, they are good test kits, but they take some getting used to. My seachem Alk test kit has you test for total alk and then borate alk, and then subtract the two in order to get the "real" alkalinity.

Good kits. Just not user friendly...

Good luck getting a decent reading with any iodine test kit.

I have been fasTesT kits with good and consistent results. I started with a TetraTest kit and that was horrible :( The fasTesT only give you 20 test though, so Salifert cost more to begin with, but lasts longer. As my fasTesT kits run out, I am planning to switch to Salifert.

There are digital tests for some things (temp, ph), many of which require calibration. I haven't seen a "kit"

Back
Top Bottom