best way to get rid of aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prinzessin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got new live rock yesterday and noticed aiptasia on it...I've never dealt with it before and I have mushroom coral in the tank...not very far away, its not in its reach from what I can see. What is the best and safest way of geting rid of it??

Thanks

I can only speak for myself and what worked, but I had some in my tank, and I got a peppermint shrimp and now they're gone :) Others can chime in about this, maybe for myself I was lucky and not all peppermint shrimp work equally. I've heard others talk about getting a syringe and putting drops directly on them to kill them. I can't remember if it was boiling water, or vinegar. Please wait for others to correct me on that last part before putting chemicals into the tank.

i would use kalkwasser. mix it into a thick paste then draw it up in a syringe(without the metal tip). shut off all flow in the tank, and put a glob right in the mouth of each anemone. then when it closes up, put another glob on top of it. i've never had one live after that.

i used joe's juice...havent seen them since either

Back
Top Bottom