Best way to hang LED's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I finally got my Reef Breeders LED fixture in and I love it! It came with the harness but nothing to actually hang it with. Im curious how y'all hang your fixtures, and the best way to go about this.

Thanks!
Cole

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130706_230054.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130706_230054.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 68
  • ForumRunner_20130706_230107.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130706_230107.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 71
I have the taotronic fixtures. I bought some eyey hooks and some of those plastic things you put in dry wall for screws so that you can hang thing with weight to them. Sorry i cant remember what they are called right now. So i drilled a hole in the ceiling and tapped the plastic thing in the hole. Then i screwed the eye screws in them and hung the fixtures on them using s hooks. Ill attatch a pic. Also i picked up some black chain from home depot to hang them.

Attachments

• image-2737091928.jpg
    image-2737091928.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1166519546.jpg
    image-1166519546.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 78
I have the taotronic fixtures. I bought some eyey hooks and some of those plastic things you put in dry wall for screws so that you can hang thing with weight to them. Sorry i cant remember what they are called right now. So i drilled a hole in the ceiling and tapped the plastic thing in the hole. Then i screwed the eye screws in them and hung the fixtures on them using s hooks. Ill attatch a pic. Also i picked up some black chain from home depot to hang them.

You mean a toggle bolt?

And its only 7 lbs.. It can't take that much to hold it..

No they are called anchors. Just plastic things that the screws screw into so they you arent just puting them in the drywall.

I hung mine and also tried putting them on brackets but I ended up building a canopy that also holds the light

Oh I gotcha now, those were enough to hold it? Hmm, my only concern with all this is not dropping the light into the tank haha

Lol i hear ya, i put a peice of wood over my tank cause i was afraid id drop my lights in too. They are holding in the ceiling fine, have been up for 4 months or so. Before i hung the lighys i pulled on the chains pretty hard to make sure they would hold, they didnt budge. Good luck with yours.

Lol i hear ya, i put a peice of wood over my tank cause i was afraid id drop my lights in too. They are holding in the ceiling fine, have been up for 4 months or so. Before i hung the lighys i pulled on the chains pretty hard to make sure they would hold, they didnt budge. Good luck with yours.

Thanks, yeah, I just remembered I have this, it should work great. Definitely take 7lbs lol

ForumRunner_20130707_012532.jpg

Back
Top Bottom