Best way to mount Tao LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jdwhite807

Aquarium Advice Regular
I ended up buying the 2 Tao units for my 40B after much deliberation and help from the friendly people on this forum. The problem is, my wife is about to hang me with the lights if I don't find another way mount them/conceal them:eek:. I went to lowes and found two commercial grade shelf supports and mounted them to the wall behind the tank. Though this design does work, I will have to admit the boss lady is correct when she deemed it an eye sore. Any help in concealing or hanging these guys? unfortunately hanging from the ceiling is not an option. Any mounts for sale out there I could purchase/ DIY options really appreciated before she not only throws the lights out but MEE too:).

You can have a metal fabricator bend pipe into a functional shape. Drill holes and put whatever mounting hardware you like in them.

sorta like this.

jessy_5SM.jpg

Very nice. Where do you mount this? To the stand or find a way to make legs so it sits on the rim?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Seaweed, that's kinda what I have now. What did you do with the extra cable from the hanging kit? did you cut it off? your setup looks cleaner than mine.

I ran the cables long ways rather than front to back
ive also tried criss cross
but i liked the side to side best easier to keep it level
I wanted my light 10 inch off the water so i hooked the cables to the hanger and raised it till i found the height i liked marked the holes in hanger to wall
removed light so i could mount the hanger to stud in the wall
than i hung the light checked to see things were good and i was done
measure twice mount once
the 2 electric cables i taped together and ran them behind tank to a (GFI) outlet
inside my stand

sorry misunderstood about the mounting cables
i didnt use the cables that came with the light
i used metal leaders you would find in the fish and tackle section in walmart
they were shorter and had the loops on both ends for the little clips

These seem to have hit the market recently... Wish they were around when I bought $150 worth of the hangers I used to hang mine...

Just ask the seller if the brackets will fit on a regular tank from the pic it looks like they're for rimless...

Back
Top Bottom