Best way to transfer stuff from one tank to another?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Civicman86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
EDIT: I CHANGED THREAD TITLE CAUSE I DIDNT WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER THREAD. I WANT TO KNOW THE BEST WAY TO TRANSFER EVERYTHING WITHOUT KILLING EVERYTHING.

Im starting to get salt creep out the bottom of the tank going up so Im guessing the seal is bad. Can I just use the sealant and seal the outiside where the glass meets the plastic part? Just use a small bead around the bottom?

Chances are the seal is going bad inside the tank or, it is just water that has dripped down from the top and formed salt crystals... If it is the first, you will have to drain and seal the inside of the tank... If it is leaking, you could not put enough on the outside to stop it...Depending on how big the tank is would determine how much of a hassle it will be to drain it, seal it and wait the 24 to 36 hours for the sealant to cure... Big rubbermaid bins from Wal mart would be real handy in this situation...

I hope this helped..

Its a 10g tank. I have an extra 10g tanks, Maybe I will just transplant everything to that tank.

What is the best way to do this? Will I mess up my enviroment (leves on nitrates and such) but doing this?

Its definatly creeping from the bottom.

Transferring everything may cause a spike, just be sure to have some fresh sw mixed up before you move everything. Syphon all the water into a rubbermaid tub, (place some in a seperate container for your fish) place your live rock in there, move the sand to the new tank, place your rock then return the water and fish. Once things settle down, then do a water change and check your parameters. If they are high, prepare to make another pwc. I did this transferring a 110g to a 55g and had no problems. I did do a large (about 40%) water change though just to be sure.

Well I went out to the fish store today and just bout a 29gallon tank lol. I am having it drilled for a bulkhead so I can run a refrigum. I wasnt planning on spending money but I guess it is for the better. No better time than now to upgrade the tank. 29gallon is pretty much the max that I can fit in my room.

Back
Top Bottom