Bicolor Angelfish Hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys

I added a bicolor angel to my FOWLR about 4 or 5 days ago and he always stays in the rocks. He'll come out sometimes, but for not very long. He hasn't eaten anything at all! In quarantine he was eating like a pig, so I'm worried he's going to starve. Is this normal? Should I just wait it out?

I added a clown at the same time and he kinda stays by the powerhead and doesn't come by the food when I feed the other fish. I'm worried for both of them because they were both eating well in qt.

Thanks!

My bicolor did the same thing and didn't make it. When I was looking into why I found that they are a very hard fish to get going and many people loose them when they add them to their tank.

My bicolor did the same thing and didn't make it. When I was looking into why I found that they are a very hard fish to get going and many people loose them when they add them to their tank.

Well that's not very comforting lol, I'm sorry about your angel :( hopeful mine will begin to eat!

He's definitely been out a lot more today, he's getting more comfortable. The clownfish ate a lite food, but it had to come right to him. And the angel did show some interest, but didnt actually bite anything. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

I've had mine two years ...so it can be done...is your dt tank cycled ....if both fish are not eating something is wrong tell me about your set up

I've had mine two years ...so it can be done...is your dt tank cycled ....if both fish are not eating something is wrong tell me about your set up

Yes, it's cycled and has been for three months now. I added the fish 4 days ago, so they're still probably getting used to things. I've read it's normal for clowns to stay in one corner

I'll try one more time tomorrow, but I really really hate trying to feed every day

Try throwing in a sheet of algae/seaweed (on a clip) and see if the angel eats that. If its still nervous, maybe something on a clip will feel more safe for it.

Try throwing in a sheet of algae/seaweed (on a clip) and see if the angel eats that. If its still nervous, maybe something on a clip will feel more safe for it.

I did do that! And he came up to it with all the other fish and looked like sooo badly he wanted to take a chomp but he didnt :( I think I am really close though, probably soon he will eat something

I have had mine for 4-5 years, they do tend to spend more time hiding than out in the open, but come feeding time he is out and centered, normal behaviors

Thanks for everything guys!!

The clown did come out of his corner to grab some food, he's a little intimidated because he's pretty small. But the angel HATES brine shrimp(i tried this because i thought everyone loved it) but is now devouring mysis :) thank god!!!!!!!! Phew, so relieved

Back
Top Bottom