bicolor blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
i'm thinking about getting a bicolor blenny because so many people here say they have a lot of personality. i saw one at a lfs and didnt see much personality. every time i even moved towards the tank he darted under the rock he had been perched on. i was wondering if he would do that in my tank too, or would he stay more out in the open once he got acclimated?

Mine is a joy to watch, they will become more active once in the tank for a few weeks. He has a hole in a rock he lives in and shoots in and out all day long, I would say go for it.

Ours is the same as Thumpers. He has a couple of holes he spends time in but is all over the tank all day. If I put my hand too close to his holes he will dart out and headbutt my hand. He's got a great personality.

he would probably have to get comfortable,do you know how long he had been at the store when you saw him?

im not sure how long he had been in the tank. i think ill be getting one this weekend. i was planning on putting him in my 36gal but ive been looking for a fish for my 5 gal too. would it get to big for a 5 gallon tank. thanks for the help

yea i got a lawnmower blenny, algea blenny, and it too has great personality... i added it last week and day by day he gets less and less timid.

I know its not the same, but my red blenny has loads of personality. Depending on what side of the tank I am on he will move over to that side, sit there and look, then dart into a rock, then come back out and look at me with a real Gary Coleman, "what you looking at" expression.

When I put my hand in there he will come up and bite me once, then just move around my arm playing. He even jumped into my cup once then back out into the tank!

He actually is the boss of the tank, despite there being an angel in there. He has no problem fighting the angel for food. Then again, my ocellaris clowns will also challenge the angel with no fear.

It's brilliant to watch. I'd say go for it.

Check out my gallery for some pics of my blenny:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5867

Back
Top Bottom