Big Lights big Ballast small Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I got a Magnetek 931-lh-tc-p 1500 MA Rapid Start Ballast VHO, SHO. It will run 2-F96-T12 or F96 pg-17 8" VHO Bulbs.
Can I wire it to run 4-4 Foot bulbs instead of two 8 Foot one's? I am Assuming you can, I hope. Tim.

Yeah, I almost certain you can. I seem to remember someone else doing that very thing with either the same or similar ballast. One real way to find out :twisted:

Maybe I'll try it. It suposed to do two 8' bulbs that are 185-195 watts a peice. so if I have four 90 watt bulbs than that should work out fine. Someone else had the suggestion that if one bulb burned out and the other started recieving 185 watts than it might explode. don't want that. Tim.

lights

I'm thinking, and confirm this somewhere else, that you can wire the bulbs in series and not run the risk of blowing one and having a catastrophe. Another possibility is to use it on 4 96w PC's. I know an instant start ballast will run PC's...not sure about a rapid start.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom