Big oops- help! - Added too much top off water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I left my rodi spout on all night and rodi has been dripping in my tank for about 20 hours. Not sure how I don't have a bunch of water on the floor. Think that the drip rate much of matched evaporation. That does make a lot of sense to me cause my system does 90 gal/day. Some is soaked in the drywall I am sure. Guess we will see if the floors buckle. Anyway my tank is down to 1.016. I sucked 15 gals out of sump. Now have to slowly add salt to bring it back up. How fast or slow should I move? Fish are ok but worried about corals.

Thinking about starting a drip of saturated saltwater. Kinda like drip acclimating my whole tank. Good idea?

Ouch sorry to hear that. :eek: The drip acclimation of the water with higher salinity sounds like a good idea. Probably best to have the salinity gradually increase to the desired level than to have it have it shock the tank, but have the correct salinity. :)

Do people think that moving from 1.016 to 1.025 is too much over about 3 hours. My tank is 125g. Only sps is montipora. Other corals are Kenya tree, zooas, carpet nem, mushrooms, ricordia. Also have cleaner shrimp and a reef lobster.

Yea way to much u should aim to raise 2-3 p a day just like if u were taking.a fish out of hypo drip method would be perfect

bskerrichard27 said:
Yea way to much u should aim to raise 2-3 p a day just like if u were taking.a fish out of hypo drip method would be perfect

Will my corals be ok if this take 3days?

Yes they should u will be at 1.019 the first day most lfs keep there water at that they may close up for a few days but all should be fine

bskerrichard27 said:
Yes they should u will be at 1.019 the first day most lfs keep there water at that they may close up for a few days but all should be fine

Cool. Thanks for the reassurance.

Get a ato with 2 sensors, the damage you now have and possibly mold inside the dry wall will have paid for one with alot left over. Good luck, raise you sg over a 3 day period.

Back
Top Bottom