Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-29-2006, 05:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

wow, your clownfish are not very nice. LOL. I have to admit it would have been cool to see them drag the cleaner into the carpet.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
This will repeatedly happen, it will also happen with other fish. My carpet at a very large lawnmower blennie and a small porcupine puffer. Yes, I know it did as it regurgitated the heads for some reason. (no one has ever been able to tell me if this is common or not)

Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to Snoopybdb
Should I take out the anemone and let the clowns go back to the nice fish that they once were? They have been chasing my purple fire fish for a few hours now! I just dont know what to do! I got the anemone to make the clowns happy and just turned them in to crazy fish.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:01 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

ok so i called the lfs, and the guy there told me that the clowns might try to be mate. (since they are in the anenome together)They were paired when i got them. To move them to a tank by themselves with the anenome and watch them. Any body else think this could be the case?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopybdb
ok so i called the lfs, and the guy there told me that the clowns might try to be mate. (since they are in the anenome together)They were paired when i got them. To move them to a tank by themselves with the anenome and watch them. Any body else think this could be the case?
they do not need to be in a separate tank to have babies. In fact, that would actually probably just stress them further which you want to avoid. Unless you sole intent is to raise clownfish, you really don't need to isolate them like that. They will reproduce regardless. I would leave them and maybe consider returning the carpet if you want to have other things in the tank.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:46 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

well i had to move them for the time being until i decide what I want to do with them. They were so aggressive that after they fed the anenome the 2 cleaner shrimp, they started going after the purple firefish and the manderin goby, even though they hadn't messed with the anenome. They are being very protective of it, which is why the guy at the lfs said they might be mating. Also why they keep feeding it stuff that that they are trying to "fatten" up the anenome to lay the eggs. It's the bigger clown that keeps up with feeding and protecting which from what I understand the larger of 2 clowns is supposed to be the female. Which would make sense if she is the one that's "nesting"
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopybdb
well i had to move them for the time being until i decide what I want to do with them. They were so aggressive that after they fed the anenome the 2 cleaner shrimp, they started going after the purple firefish and the manderin goby, even though they hadn't messed with the anenome. They are being very protective of it, which is why the guy at the lfs said they might be mating. Also why they keep feeding it stuff that that they are trying to "fatten" up the anenome to lay the eggs. It's the bigger clown that keeps up with feeding and protecting which from what I understand the larger of 2 clowns is supposed to be the female. Which would make sense if she is the one that's "nesting"
hmmmm, that's news to me. But it's totally possible i guess. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah I have no idea either, but I do know it would be super cool if they did lay eggs and they hatched and made it!
Old 03-30-2006, 07:11 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Wow. Good thing you decided to move your clown fish. I had the same problem in the past and ended up losing allot of fish and had to do the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob - Live Rock N Reef
Old 03-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to TheRealFF
Whoa... scary... i hope my clowns wont kill my shrimp once i get them an anemone... This scared me hehe

I am one of those reefnuts that are actually nuts!
TheRealFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com