Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #41
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow...that is looking great!
Quote:
Regarding LR, I've been noticing tanks where less seems to be more lately too- I like them.
Ya know, I have to agree with Mike. While I still advocate 1.5-2lbs/gal, I like the extra swimming room (well not me, but my fish ). I recently upgraded from a 72gal to a 95gal and I used the same LR from my 72 (approx. 170lbs) and only added about another 10lbs. It seems a lot "roomier". Can't wait to see the progress.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:05 PM   #42
Moderator Emeritus

It has been slow going. I got a deal on a new frag tank so I am working out the plumbing for it. I have about 50 gal of RO/DI water in the tank and the overflows are filled. Just doing some basic leak testing ...

I have the plumbing mocked up but it is not glued. The frag tank I got is 72"x24"x12"! It is as big as my 75 gal display and the 33 prop tank I have now combined. I am just hoping the Dart will have enough in it to feed it all. I have 2 new maxi-jet kits that flow some serious water if I need them.

Hopefully by this weekend more activity will occur. The electric for the basement is still not in so that is another reason I have not done much. Carpet and electric should be in this week but I was told that last week too!

Pics to come.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:53 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

Been awhile since I updated ...

Sand and water is in the tank. Plumbing is up and glued and the Dart is a great pump. I have not plumbed the frag tank yet though. I need to build a different stand as I need it a bit higher.

I got my light fixture ordered. I will be adding a 250 MH w/ 2x55 PC setup to my existing 2x250 w/ 2x54 T5.

My basement finishing is slowing me down mostly but it did take 2 days to clear the cloudiness from the water. I am trying to get my sand level where I want before I go forward. I might need to find some base rock to pick up since I will be adding about 180 gal to my existing setup. Looks like hirocks is not around anymore?

I am looking at adding a sailfin and a powder brown tang once everything is setup.

I'll get some new pics of the plumbing, sump and the stand/canopy.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #44
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Looks like hirocks is not around anymore?
No, but www.marcosrock.com looks even better and has been getting a lot of good reviews.
Edit-wow they are expensive though! You can get 44lbs of uncured FIJI LR on other sites for only $17 more than 50lbs of marcos base(w/ shipping included in both prices). I did not realize it was so expensive.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #45
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Can't wait to see updated pics!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #46
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I bought mine from marcorocks, and the prices have gone up. You might be able to buy from him off of ebay. That is where I first saw his prices. They used to be less than $100 for 50Lbs....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #47
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's what I thought Roka. WOW....
Old 03-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

I saw them on ebay and also thought their prices were high.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus

Well, the tank has had water in it for 2 weeks and I have not moved anything over yet

I bought some Lr from a local guy so I have about 80 lbs of rock in the sump now. I have water in the 100 gal frag tank up to the bulkheads making sure they don't leak. The frag tank has 2 2" bulkheads in the bottom so I am going to cap one off and just use one to start. I might need to set up a CL so I will wait till I get the tank return plumbed. I am trying to decide what to do on my refugium so I still have that to do.

I currently have a 18 gal rubbermaid inside my sump that I use as my refugium. I have 2 33 longs that I was considering selling but I might just use one as a refugium. I am not sure I want that much water though

I know I need more pics...
Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #50
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Sure sounds nice! Can't wait to see more pics.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com