Big tank finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Way to go! So when can we get some of those frags?

Also a plumbing question. Is the frag tank feeding the fuge? Where is the output fromthe fuge going?

I have sold & shipped frags to members on this board the last 2 years. This year I got busy and did not post anything. What are you looking for? I will gladly sell some stuff :) You can search my name under the classifieds forum to see my history.

As for the plumbing, all the drains go to the sump. One of the T's off the return pump goes to the frag tank. The frag tank has a 2" drain that dumps directly into sump. I have the frag drain and the 2 drains from the display dumping into a smaller rubbermaid where the skimmer sits. The skimmer can't handle all the supply but it gets most of it.

The second T off the return feeds the refugium and a discharge line. I currently only use the discharge line for water changes but this way I can have total control of what gph the display sees. The refugium has a 1" drain that dumps on the opposite side of the sump as the other drains.

Let me know any other questions you got.

I added some snail and hermits yesterday but I need to order some huge amounts. I figure I needs about 200-300 if not more!

I am getting ready to add some fish. I have a sailfin tang that is on week 4 of a copper treatment that will be ready in a few weeks. I have my yellow tang in the frag tank and I will add a fairy wrasse as well. I think I am going to add a yellow eye kole tang too.

I think the yellow eye and sail fin will go in together. The sailfin is smaller but the kole is typically pretty docile. My Yellow Tang is about as big as the Kole but I want to add him last. Think this will work? I worry that the yellow and the sailfin will battle but I think the tank is big enough.

I did a bunch of fragging too. I fragged candy cane, frogspawn, pink/white zoos and a lot of acros. Hopefully they will be ready to sell in a week or so. My wife is loving what the 180 is costing :(

I had to swap out one of my T5's as it was not looking well. I had an 03 and a blue bulb on the PC fixture and 2 03's on the T5 fixture. The 03 is just not bright enough. I am going to remove one of the 03's and put in a ATI blue+ bulb. I have had good results with this bulb in the past.

I also had my 5 gal skimmer overflow bucket overflow this morning too. The water mess was not too bad but it smelled like poo. ;)

Back
Top Bottom