Bigger Light, Smaller Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
I have a 48" Nova Extreme Pro 6x54w.

I was wondering.. if i got something like a 50G tank.. or a 40G breeder tank.. which are all 36" in length.. would i still be able to use my current light fixture? If i had the NEP over a 40G breeder which is only 19" deep.. would that be too much light over that tank? The 50G is a little higher.. but i am really looking for a 40G breeder in the future.

You could use it it but it will be hanging off both ends and the lighting hanging off the end will really light the room up if you know what I mean.

Dangs.. i never really thought of that. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'm wondering if i should just go with a 75G instead. It's just that i like the smaller tanks like the 50's or the 40g breeders. So confused as to what i should do. :( Im taking any ideas and/or suggestions.

ive got the solution zero. Send me your light, and ill send you a single tube, 36" light, and you wont have to worry about "lighting up the room" lol

XD I bet that would be nice wouldn't it. But you would still have to pay for the ridiculous shipping fees. :D And if every single one of the bulbs "accidentally" got crushed during shipping.. XD

Yeah.. but thats going to be like.. a junkload of more rock.. :s

The 75lbs of LR you have now will be Ok. You can add a piece at a time later on but you`ll be OK for now.

Yeah.. i guess.. but i don't like the rock i have now.. its ugly and the pieces are straight up retarded. I hate my rockwork as it is..

At least your tank isnt covered in diatoms and cyano despite using Ro/Di water. ;-)
Nothing looks more dumb than really nice corals and clams with a bunch of brown junk all over the sand and the rocks!
Matt

Well than you haven't seen my tank lol. I may not have diatoms and cyano, but i make up for it in disgusting rocks. They are so caked with gross rotting stuff that when my snails go over it.. they strip the rock bare.. and there's nothing left but the white piece of rock that was under all of the gunk. Not to mention that it made everything else in my tank dirty as anything.

Back
Top Bottom