Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readingexcalibur
Why does everyone want to fit the biggest in there smaller tank? IMO, saltwater fish need more space than averagely recommended because instinctively they are use to open swimming room, hence the ocean (I get tank bred fish). Yes, I get rude, only worried about the welfare of the fish.

Tangs will not fit, point and close. Dwarf angels, now you have a plan. There are many beautiful breeds an they are active swimmers!
For the $&@&$& time I don't want a Tang. And the only reason I started this thread is because I wouldn't want to buy a fish that may not be suitable for my 55g.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake337

For the $&@&$& time I don't want a Tang. And the only reason I started this thread is because I wouldn't want to buy a fish that may not be suitable for my 55g.
Hey jake, everyone is just trying to help, not everyone reads every post and people like to get their opinion in. No one is doing anything but trying to help you. You are on the right track and the advice given will keep you on the right track, try not to get frustrated.

I do think a pygmy angel would be a great addition. They can be coral nipper but its the luck of the draw if they do or not. Keep them well fed and most times you wont have a problem. Plenty of hiding spots too. Good luck.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:26 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schism

Hey jake, everyone is just trying to help, not everyone reads every post and people like to get their opinion in. No one is doing anything but trying to help you. You are on the right track and the advice given will keep you on the right track, try not to get frustrated.

I do think a pygmy angel would be a great addition. They can be coral nipper but its the luck of the draw if they do or not. Keep them well fed and most times you wont have a problem. Plenty of hiding spots too. Good luck.
Thanks, I'm not mad or anything it's just that I don't want people thinking that I made this thread just to see what big fish I can add to my tank. Was just curious and all...
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake337

Thanks, I'm not mad or anything it's just that I don't want people thinking that I made this thread just to see what big fish I can add to my tank. Was just curious and all...
Well i think everyone understands now Questions and curiosity will go a long way in this hobby.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wh shouldn't say a yellow tang be in a 55? I've seen a few in people's tanks ( not just at the pet store) and they seem to pretty much swim around the rocks grazing leisurely unlike say a blue tang who I've seen swim from one side of the aquarium to the other.
The reason I ask is I'm thinking about getting a yellow tang and putting it in a 47g column tank approx 22"x18"x30" , I have a 135g in progress but it's around 5 months from being ready for fish, probably sooner but could be that long. My friend has a yellow tang. Doesn't really seem to grow really quickly and doesn't seem to be a big swimmer, not to say it isn't active, but doesn't strike you as a fish that needs a vast area to roam either, an granted this fish isn't full grown yet either. Sorry if I'm kinda thread jacking these most just made me think about these ideas rolling around my head.

Tags
55 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com