Biggest home aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whoa! That lagoon is awesome. What type of fish do you have in there Bang?For some really big tanks try the large sytem forum at reefcentral.com. I think there is a guy with a 2,000 gal. In the shark forum a lot of people have outdoor SW ponds.
HTH
BTW thanks for the links MT79. :D

Steves tank is a sweet one for sure. Lots of money and lots of tender loving care went into that tank. I have seen it in person a few times and the pictures dont do it any justice. 9 feet front to back, man the depth perception is unreal

Mike

i think i just climaxed looking at that website.... next time give a warning or something. that was toooooo much for me to digest at one time :lol:

omg i just about hurled after seeing that worm he found, i swear if i get fiji and one of those things comes in it im gonna crap a brick.

Some ponds in Florida are saltwater depending on where you live(mostly near the coast), but the water has to come from Florida's groundwater. A person I know actually has one. It's about 400 ft. by 100 ft. and he keeps fish from the ocean and the Indian River Lagoon. He's a charter captain (he fishes for Yellowfin Tuna on the Other Side of the Gulf Stream) and any leftover fish he catches, he feeds to his fish. He also supplies them with natural bait such as mullet and brim that already live in the pond.

One of my colleagues here in St. Louis has the largest in-home tank I've ever seen. It's a 5,000 gallon reef that was recently set up in his new house, or should I say his house was set up around the reef:) His old tank was a 2,000 gallon I believe.

Here's the link to "Zilla III" http://www.seaplace.org/gallery/Zilla-III

It's a 5,000 gallon reef that was recently set up in his new house, or should I say his house was set up around the reef:) His old tank was a 2,000 gallon I believe.

Good Lord! I would love to just have the 500G sump! My wife would leave me for sure if I did that in my home.

Mike

Did you see the pic of Kevin in the tank holding the leather coral? He told me earlier today that it weighs about 150 lbs! He's got LR that's bigger than most of our tanks...

He is opening his home to SEASL (SALTWATER ENTHUSIASTS ASSOCIATION OF ST. LOUIS) later in March. If you are within driving distance of St. Louis, I would try to be there. Check out http://www.seasl.org/ if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom