Biggest home aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scott6480

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Aside from public aquariums and the guy in oregon (http://www.oregonreef.com). Whats the biggest reef / fish tank you have seen?

There is a roumor that somewhere in the fort lauderdale area someone has a saltwater pond in their back yard.
I would love to see pictures of that.

a saltwater pond? is that possible i would think the water would change so much being outside where the weather gets kinda cold at night and hot in the day. but hey who knows

I have too heard of this s/w pond legend from my father-in-law who lives in Florida.
Sounds awesome!

i have seen one on hgtv a hawaiian home had a small stream that flowed into a sw pond then on the inside u could go into the basement and view it as an aquarium but ut was only around 300 gallon at most

that oregon reef is beyond ridiculous...
that thing is insane, the amount of planning that went into it I don't think even if I had an unlimited amount of money I'd be able to plan it out as nicely as that one is.

im helping to build a 300 gal one in the hs i go to for the marine bio teacher. were going to fill it with marien life from the monteray bay where we go diving

That is one heck of a setup I'm still not sure if its real but then again who would go through all that work on a webpage like that for that big of a lie therefore I believe it

Where I get my water, I always meet new people. One day while I was filling up my 5G buckets a guy pulled up in a Pick-Up with one of those Watertanks that are made to be burried on the back. He was getting at least 100G and while he was filling it up he told me about his 500G (I think it was 500) tank. He told me that it is part of the living room wall and you can also watch fishis while sitting on the patio.
Havent seen it but why else would you get 100G of SW?

Bang's and the guy with the 800gal cube are the biggest "in home" that I have seen.

Hey bang! long time no see!

Our tank crashed about 7 months ago after the movers screwed up the move...we just got it back in shape last weekend. So were going to start rebuilding. Good to be back in the hobby.

SquishyFish said:
Bang's and the guy with the 800gal cube are the biggest "in home" that I have seen.

Hey bang! long time no see!

Good to see you too. Sorry to hear about your crash :( anything I can help you with?

Hey Bang,

Might get your help a little later. Right now, its basically back to the basics. Were trying to look at it as a chance to start over....be a little more selective on what corals and fish we purchase. We finally broke down and spent the 40.00 on a 50 gal trash can so we can mix our own water. That will help us keep up with the water changes.

We are looking for a top off system and debating on a Calc reactor. Can you suggest a good electronic top off system? And what is your opinion on Calc reactors vs Adding supp's.

Actually...instead of taking over this thread, how about you reply on the thread I just started "Back in the saddle" :wink:

By the way, the lagoon is looking really good!

....maybe for some really insano retirement plans... lol. far out! a 30 gallon sump this week will be complicated enough.

Michael, those links are just depressing. :D what I wouldn't give to have a tank near any of those. Not to mention some of those houses!

Back
Top Bottom