Bio-Wheel Filter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nahla

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a bio-wheel emperor filter...and I can't wait to get rid of it! It makes too much noise! I can't stand listening to the water running all the time and the pump also is a bit annoying. When I press down on the pump/intake it makes less noise, but when I let go it is back to normal, I cannot figure out how to make this filter quiet. Has anyone else had this problem?

That would be my guess as well. Emperors tend to get very noisy when the impeller gets some wear on it. I'd try a new one if a good cleaning doesn't take care of the problem.

LOL, it is not old...only about 4 weeks old, it has just always been noisy. I did take it apart and the pump seemed to be a bit quieter, but not much. My skimmer is going to be delivered tomorrow and my live rock is almost ready for the tank...so soon, real soon, I am gonna pack up the filter...YEA!

I am having the same problem right now with my Emperor 400... :roll: ...when i press down on the intake it gets less quiet but when i let up it starts up again. It didnt used to do this...I took it apart and cleaned it because of an unfortunate fluorite red incident... :oops: . I have tried to reseat it but it still keeps making noise.

hmm....magnet and impeller not glued together anymore. That sounds about right....I will try to get some superglue and refuse them together....

It sounds as if the magnet and impeller are not glued together anymore

LOL!!! That would explain why those darn things were so hard to get apart when I cleaned them the first time. I thought they were built like PH impellers and they were supposed to come apart when the rubber caps were taken off the shaft.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom