Biocube crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Audiew

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 29 biocube is in serious pain at the moment. While on business this past week out of state the pump hose came off and shot water all over the power strip causing the breaker to flip and leave the power off for I'm guessing 2 days. All the inverts and fish are dead. Snails, and hermits are ok. Although my coral is really struggling. I've done water changes in the morning and night but it still isn't clearing up. What can I do? What are the chances of the coral surviving?

Really the only thing I think you can do is just bet it running again fast as possible. Or take your coral to a friends house. Some corals can die in hrs some can last a few days. I had my biocube run dry for two days and my fish state alive and coral actually came back. Just do your best

Really the only thing I think you can do is just bet it running again fast as possible. Or take your coral to a friends house. Some corals can die in hrs some can last a few days. I had my biocube run dry for two days and my fish state alive and coral actually came back. Just do your best

It sure stinks too work on something so long and have a little screw up like this ruin all that hard work.

I don't imagine if this happens to my 20g nano, I love it soo much !!!!! Lot of hard work and readings to keep everythings alive and thrive !!! Mainly money $$ -.-

2 clowns, a pajama cardinal, and a yellow watchmen. All of which I've had since I set up the tank.

Im sorry for your loss. Hopefully your coral will pull through, this is a total bummer thing to happen while you were away. Don't give up, the hobby is so rewarding and will hopefully make up for the loss in the end.

As of today I've lost quite a bit of coral. Including a scolymia, toadstool, Miami hurricane chalice, all of the sps, and a torch. I'm in the process of gathering up what has survived. The LFS has offered to keep them until I can get the parameters more stable.

You have great LFS then ! I will take a look into ammonia levels, probably the dead things that died when you wasn't there transformed to ammonia due to heterotrophics bacterial eating...

You have great LFS then ! I will take a look into ammonia levels, probably the dead things that died when you wasn't there transformed to ammonia due to heterotrophics bacterial eating...

Just ran a water test after a 10g water change.

Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.0
Ammonia .50 ppm - 1ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

you mean ammonia between 0.5 and 1ppm? it's high !!! I'll do another WC.

Or you can just give the corals to the LFS for some time, and wait until the tank finish it's cycle, you'll save on sea salts.

If you have strong lighting, prepare for eventual algae spike.

Back
Top Bottom