Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Biocube crash

My 29 biocube is in serious pain at the moment. While on business this past week out of state the pump hose came off and shot water all over the power strip causing the breaker to flip and leave the power off for I'm guessing 2 days. All the inverts and fish are dead. Snails, and hermits are ok. Although my coral is really struggling. I've done water changes in the morning and night but it still isn't clearing up. What can I do? What are the chances of the coral surviving?

Old 01-20-2014, 01:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Really the only thing I think you can do is just bet it running again fast as possible. Or take your coral to a friends house. Some corals can die in hrs some can last a few days. I had my biocube run dry for two days and my fish state alive and coral actually came back. Just do your best

Old 01-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfirman View Post
Really the only thing I think you can do is just bet it running again fast as possible. Or take your coral to a friends house. Some corals can die in hrs some can last a few days. I had my biocube run dry for two days and my fish state alive and coral actually came back. Just do your best

It sure stinks too work on something so long and have a little screw up like this ruin all that hard work.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't imagine if this happens to my 20g nano, I love it soo much !!!!! Lot of hard work and readings to keep everythings alive and thrive !!! Mainly money $$ -.-
Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What fish did you have in it?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

2 clowns, a pajama cardinal, and a yellow watchmen. All of which I've had since I set up the tank.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im sorry for your loss. Hopefully your coral will pull through, this is a total bummer thing to happen while you were away. Don't give up, the hobby is so rewarding and will hopefully make up for the loss in the end.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Biocube crash

As of today I've lost quite a bit of coral. Including a scolymia, toadstool, Miami hurricane chalice, all of the sps, and a torch. I'm in the process of gathering up what has survived. The LFS has offered to keep them until I can get the parameters more stable.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

You have great LFS then ! I will take a look into ammonia levels, probably the dead things that died when you wasn't there transformed to ammonia due to heterotrophics bacterial eating...
Old 01-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Biocube crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvincent View Post
You have great LFS then ! I will take a look into ammonia levels, probably the dead things that died when you wasn't there transformed to ammonia due to heterotrophics bacterial eating...

Just ran a water test after a 10g water change.

Salinity 1.025
Ph 8.0
Ammonia .50 ppm - 1ppm
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0

Tags
bio, biocube, cube

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com