Biohome; Nitrates factory ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fnscasey

Aquarium Advice Regular
Heard lots of ppl saying that for marine setup do not have to put those biological media cos it will acts as a nitrates factory.....
But what about Biohome ?

Based on the website:
In most biofilters the bacteria digest Ammonia and Nitrites and the water must be changed regularly to remove Nitrates
However using Biohome Nitrate will also be digested, significantly reducing water changes.

BIOHOME allows both nitrifying and denitrifying bacteria to grow in a single pellet

What about other medium like the ceremic ring, coral chips....why can't they works the same as Biohome ?

I actually using my Biohome for my freshwater setup for 2 years but not sure can they be used as in a marine setup ?

Do you ever have nitrates in your water? I'd be interested to hear the freshwater side too. I'd be interested in learning what's 'digesting' the nitrates, and what the result is. The nitrates aren't just disappearing, they must come back as some other chemical/compound.

Back
Top Bottom