"biolad"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i have my 55 gal reef it has or had yellow tang lawnmower blenny royal grama blue damsel two clowns i moved everything but the clowns to the 125 so the clowns have the tank to thier selves with coral will this be healthier on my corals less fish waste in the water? only eason i still have the 55 going is because i cant get lights for the 125 yet....

The fish waste feeds the nitrifying bacteria on your LR as well as your clean up crew.

The rate at which your nitrates rise will slow thanks to less waste. So, if you keep up the PWC's at your current level then your water conditions will improve (same water change, less nitrate rise). Or you could change your PWC schedule based on the lower bioload to give yourself a bread. Of course this assumes that you are also adjusting the amount you're feeding based on what's left over there.

You bacteria colony will start to die back to balance themselves out with the new/lesser inhabitants and the world will be in balance again.

Either way the corals should be happy.

Good luck on the new tank

well i kept the clowns behind hoping they would spawn while alone in the tank i was just getting overwhelmed with fish waste in my tank which kept my nitrates bouncing so i still have two clowns to for the bacteria

Back
Top Bottom