bioload calculators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharklover

Aquarium Advice Freak
anybody know any good bioload calculators for sw aquariums? i cnt find a good 1...

It is really a tank to tank issue. It also depends on how you define bioload. Bioload is the weight of living tissue and food. It can also be defined as waste production (a different way of saying the first definition). A well balanced 30 gallon can handle more than an unbalanced 55. With two tanks that are the same size and have the same amount of fish, the one fed more will have a larger bioload.

It is really a tank to tank issue. It also depends on how you define bioload. Bioload is the weight of living tissue and food. It can also be defined as waste production (a different way of saying the first definition). A well balanced 30 gallon can handle more than an unbalanced 55. With two tanks that are the same size and have the same amount of fish, the one fed more will have a larger bioload.
Well put,,I don't believe in any of that 1" to 10 gallon stuff TBH.....
I know my bio-load is a lot more than a lot of other 150 gallon systems,,and i only have 7 fish

FTMMWS said:
Well put,,I don't believe in any of that 1" to 10 gallon stuff TBH.....
I know my bio-load is a lot more than a lot of other 150 gallon systems,,and i only have 7 fish

I agree with you guys,it depends on your amount of live rock,your filtration system,whether you use a sump etc.,so many variables .That is why you should add livestock slowly and test awhile before adding more.

Back
Top Bottom