?biological media advice plz?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jinx

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29gal BioCube reef aquarium that is tweaked a bit differently from one straight from a box. I attached a diagram of how a BioCube straight from the box is suppose to operate. In the diagram where it shows a filter I have a skimmer, I use cut and fit blue and white filter pads under the removable drip tray, and the bio balls were replaced with rock rubble. Rock rubble wasn't my idea and I didn't do these mods to it but would still mod one if I got one from a box.

I'm thinking its time to change out the rubble. Any BioCuber's that might be able to help a brain dead out?

Attachments

• image-683416891.jpg
    image-683416891.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 78
I have my cube setup pretty simply. I had a refugium hooked up with rock rubble for a time but now I just have the intank media basket and run purigen, chemipure elite and blue filter pad on top. I have a aquaticlife skimmer running in the interior of the display and the biocube UV is running where the skimmer should be.

I only change out the media every 3 months or so and it works very well for me. :)

I have my cube setup pretty simply. I had a refugium hooked up with rock rubble for a time but now I just have the intank media basket and run purigen, chemipure elite and blue filter pad on top. I have a aquaticlife skimmer running in the interior of the display and the biocube UV is running where the skimmer should be.

I only change out the media every 3 months or so and it works very well for me. :)

Thank you that's a world of help!

Back
Top Bottom