Birdsnest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My birdsnest is turning white in a few spots. Is it bleaching or just growing at a rapid rate? Looks like all polyps are out and thriving.. Just out new lights on and the par reading near it is around 200's.. It does look thicker.. I think... It's only about 3" long. And can't get a clear picture

I tried.. It just showed up white from the glare.. If I turn lights down you can't see it..

image-3073681660.jpg

Best I could get. The lighter parts show what's whitening up. The polyps seem to be spread apart in those areas too. But polyps are out..

I don't think that's a good thing. They will lighten up drastically when the new, higher growth blocks the light, but it's not the case here. Perhaps the light is too intense. Where is this placed and what are you running over it?

It's just above the middle in the tank and the Taos were at about 70% white 100% blue.. I turned the whites down to about 60..

I'd say 24-26". I have softies higher . And the higher point of the nest is fine.. When it grows it is white..... In just trying to convince myself it's growing.. Lol

The right side is a little white.. The left side that branches up words. Is still normal. This morning with lights out it didnt look white at all..

Update on my birdsnest.. It still has some white. But polyps are all out and the branch looks to be growing out and thickening up

Another update my birdsnest is booming!! Knubs all over and grew about a 1/4 inch in 2 weeks. It's getting very thick and nice!! :)

Back
Top Bottom