Birdsnest SPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased a fairly good sized birdsnest colony and i was wondering if it should be high or low in the tank. And also after looking at it there is an acro growing on the same rock that the base of the birdsnest is on. two for one baby!!!!!

I would put it in a high light medium flow area in the tank.. I had mine near the top...

HTH,
James

had? HAD? maybe this isn't the best place for it. LOL Actually I agree. I would still start it low B, as you know you are still a little into the burn in period of your new bulb and again with the radiation warning on coral-vue bulbs. Start low, work up.

R-

What kind of lighting do you have? What was the lighting like in the tank you got it from? How much wattage is you MH? If you have MH I would start off about Halfway and work your way up.

I have a 250 watt MH and the store i got it from has a MH also. Although it was at the bottom of the tank he said up high but wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom