Black & White Heniochus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm assuming this fish is not reef safe as most butterfly fish are not. Anybody every have one or know what type of corals they will eat?

I have 2, Heni D's. They are supposed to be the safer of the 2 types. I havn't noticed them picking at the rock, I of course do not have any corrals though.
Super friendly fish, they eat right out of my hand. The others have to hustle if they want any. :lol:

The heni that is reef safe can be distinguished by the black stripe that ends at the point of his tail on the bottom. They should be fine.

great fish to have!!! Mine is soooooo active. But like QS I don't have corals. Make sure you feed the other fish too. They are pigs and will push others around to get to the food. I have a porcy and a niger trigger that he just swims cirles around getting all the food he can befor the others get to it. Hilarious to watch.

MYTY1705 said:
great fish to have!!! Mine is soooooo active. But like QS I don't have corals. Make sure you feed the other fish too. They are pigs and will push others around to get to the food. I have a porcy and a niger trigger that he just swims cirles around getting all the food he can befor the others get to it. Hilarious to watch.

LOL, they are a trip aren't they. I think they have a hollow leg and are so fast. My Angel would love to get a hold of one, but she doesn't stand a chance.
Love those guys :)

I have a school of the henis in my tank, and just love them. You really have to make sure you get the right ones. The stripe ending on the middle of the bottom fin is key. When I got mine they were about the size of a quarter, now thier almost six inches across. and they still school all the time.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom