Black Clown and Ananomie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cjazinski

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all

I have a black clown fish, and i just recently purchases an ananomie for it. I've had it for about a week now but the clown still doesn't go in it. Is there anything i can do to get him in it. The ananomie is white and has purple tips on the ends. Thanks for the help

Im not an expert on anemones, But I do know that there are a few anemones that clown fish do not swim in. From your description, I think yours might be a bubble tip , and if I'm right (which I may not be) that type is one of the ones that clowns dont swim in.

Im not an expert on anemones, But I do know that there are a few anemones that clown fish do not swim in. From your description, I think yours might be a bubble tip , and if I'm right (which I may not be) that type is one of the ones that clowns dont swim in.

The anonimia looks white powerdery, and with purple little dots on there tips. Can someone help me identify please. I want my clown fish to have a home :/

yeah thats not a bubble tip its a condy, or condalactis i beleive from the caribean.

Clowns have prefrences, it may never host it it may in ten min. bubble tips however are good choices they are easier to care for than most anenomes and clowns do like them

There is no way to hurry the process? So the anenome i have is okay as far as clown fish compatable? How do i care for the anenome? and is it safe to move it?

corect there is no way to hurry the process if it happens at all, the anenome is ok, but isn't the best choice, the anenome needs light and food feed it 2-3 times a week pellets work, but larger food items are best, it is ok to move it but you must be carful not to damage it's foot, also there is a good chance that it'll move back to the spot it came from.

Will anenomes reproduce by them selves? foot (part that sticks) I user brine shrimp is this okay to feed them this?

brine dosent have a lot of nutritional value. anenomes will reprduce on there own. feed them often enough and make sure water quality and lighting is good and they will split\. The foot is the part that sticks and they use it to move.

I have pellets, and also i have little shrimp that float and will sink over time.. will these work or should i get something else.

My anenome is shrivled and is starting to turn brown, this just happened today. I tested the water this weekend and according to test kit were fine. What is happening?

what kinda lights u have and what other fish and if u can do u remember what the water tested at for ph, nitrite, nitrate, and ammoina, how olds the tank, and what your specific gravity

Okay.. lights 2 florecent. Ph was about 8.2 i beleve. the tank is about 3-4 months old. gravity is falling in the range of .22 i beleve.. the nitrite and nitrate i will have to check and get back with you.

Back
Top Bottom