Black-dotted clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albert

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have two 2+ years old Ocellaris clowns living in a huge Sarcophyton in my 250 g tank. Tank is two and a half years old containing mainly softies, shrimps, hermits, snails and some other fishes (blue tang, yellow tang, maroon clown, six-line wrasse, blue damsel, pajama cardinals). All water parameters are stable and excellent.

Two months ago I noticed that both of my clowns got black dots all over their body and fins. No other signs of illness, they are eating good and swimming and behaving as usual.

Could you please ID what's going on with them?

040625-004.jpg

:arrow: More dotted pictures available here

Ah! Welcome to the club of the clowns that love to host a leather!! The spots you see are from where it touches the leather, we have one little one that has spots all over, we call him freckles ;) Beautiful picture btw! :D If you click my website icon at the bottom it shows ours like that too :)

Salt4Us said:
The spots you see are from where it touches the leather:)
If so, I wonder why the spots didn't appear earlier. They are living in leather more than a year, but I never saw such dots earlier :roll:

Salt4Us said:
If you click my website icon at the bottom it shows ours like that too :)
Did you mean your gallery? Yeah, your leather looks exactly like mine, not counting that mine is more than one foot wide :)

Boy I need to update my gallery on here and the website, here's a pic that I just took, our other clown sometimes has the black dots and sometimes not, the little one tends to spend more time in the leather and also likes to host the zoanthids which they aren't too happy about.

Our leather is about 12 inches across also depending on what shape it wants to take on that day, it has more personality than any other coral we own, it's definately our favorite :)

Sorry the pic is so blurry, he didn't want to stay still ;)

WOW!!!!! Yours is almost double ours, yikes! How big is your tank??? Beautiful corals, Wow you should enter the contest with that pic!!! Very nice, Wow I can see ours getting that size and then needing an even bigger tank ;D

Salt4Us said:
How big is your tank???
210 gal display tank + 40 gal sump/refugium. It's my brand new setup, not all things finished yet, but the dots on clowns did actually appear in my old 100 gal tank before moving to the new home.

040608-005.jpg

040608-008.jpg

Salt4Us said:
Beautiful corals, Wow you should enter the contest with that pic!!! Very nice, Wow I can see ours getting that size and then needing an even bigger tank ;D
Sorry, I'm new in this forum, what contest :?:

Here's yet another picture from the couple in love :hugs:

040625-008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom