Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-30-2006, 03:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Black Percula Clowns

Hey guys,

I'm about to upgrade to a 75g reef tank in a couple of weeks. i currently have a pair of percula clowns in my tank at the moment. i would add a yellow tang to the pair of clowns and was considering adding a pair of black percula clowns as well. Just wondering what your thoughts would be, whether anyones mixed the blacks and the normals before and had success? i would add the clowns to the 75g at the same time...also what are your thoughts on getting a blue tang to add to the new 75g too?

bonnie3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:35 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
As I stated to some one earlier I have two clowns in a 125 and they fight all the time. I just cant see 4 in a 75. But you never know. I`m only speaking from experience The yellow tang is a good choice but I think you might be stretching it adding a blue tang. I believe that they need at least a hundred gallon tank. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is other combinations. Good luck.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
When I had my 75g, I had two regular percs and then added two blacks. The blacks picked on the smaller perc ALL the time. They are all still alive and now live in harmony in my 125g to this day. Do you have alot of rock?
Remember to Keep Christ First!
revhtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thanks guys,

I dunno if this makes any difference but the tank is going to be 5ftx18inx18in, but yeah i might have to rethink the blue tang, but as you said there are other combinations!

I plan on having approx 35-40kg's of live rock, so there should be a lot of hiding spaces. if i could afford more i would get more, but hey...

but can't wait to get the yellow tang, i saw some at my LFS today and had to resist myself from buying one. oh well only 2 more weeks till i get the 75g
bonnie3188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
I had one B&W clown and one normal colored clown and didn't run into any problems. So the compability between the two color types should be okay, just need to think about space now.
Marlin: Okay, a mollusk walks up to this sea cucumber, well he doesn't actually walk, he's just there, and he turns to the sea cucumber, and... Well, wait, there's a mollusk and a sea cucumber and...
Chum: You know for a clown fish, he's not that funny.
Ayesha97 is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clowns, percula

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com