black sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ericosuave

Aquarium Advice Regular
What do you guys think about putting black sand in a 40 gal tank? is it a bad idea or is it just as good as the white sand? i already have about an inch of live sand in my tank now and i was just thinking about putting about 2 inches of black sand ontop of that.. is it going to be a problem for me? is black sand alot of hassle?

If you know of any good online places i can get black sand from please let me know.

TIA

Black sand is way cool; really makes the fish's colors pop. I am going to redo my son's tank with it. Check out my site and don't forget your 6% discount with coupon code AQUARIUMADVICE

awesome! thanks alot! do you know where i can find some saltwater aquarium pictures with black sand in them?

Cool I have been looking for a photo to show the wife. Thanks for the heads up!

thanks kevin! you have been my most help on this forum! i would really like to thank you for your fast and accurate responses! i really appreciate the hospitality you guys have here at aquarium advice.com!

Thank you to all for helping me out!

Wow, if I had know I would have given you our black sand ;) Just kidding, we liked it at first, but the black sand shows all the waste and doesn't reflect the light well. We went back to the white sand in the new tank. We got the tahitian moon sand, we got it from Doctor Foster smith here online. :D

Back
Top Bottom