Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-04-2003, 09:10 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
WooHOO! we are back in business on the black sand. The guy that I said would cheat his mom, actually will get it to us for 14.00 a bag, delivered. That tells me that that stuff is not very expensive to retailers. Anyway, he is supposed to order 17 bags of it tomorrow for us.

As a comparison, Fosters & Smith would have been 18.plus per bag...not the worst price seen...but higher than I wanted to pay.

Now if the sump parts would just get here.

Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:40 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to michealprater
Ive found that if you research, even bad LFSes can do good on some dry goods.

michealprater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Heeeey! Thats great!

*tries to imagine 17 bags of black sand*

You BETTA snap some pics! LOL It sounds like tremendous fun. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. =)
Casies Reef Encounter!
Casie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via ICQ to tyler Send a message via MSN to tyler
what kind of sand is this? my buddy bought a fifty pound bag of black sand blasting sand (silica) for four dollars at menards. it was enough for his twenty, my five and my buddy's ten. i'll get a pic up some time.

tyler is offline   Reply With Quote

black sand, sand, sand substrate, substrate

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com