Blastomussa care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

needmorecowbell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a blastomussa that's not opening up. I just got it and put it at the bottom of the tank for a day and then yesterday I moved it to where it said I should on liveaquaria. It's in a low flow moderate light area. What am I doing wrong? Here it is.

Mine are cranky about water quality, so double check all that. I would also move them in a day or so to a higher flow area, if that doesn't work, try more light, but each time give them a few days to adjust. Mine ended up doing better in more light than I would have at first guessed.

I have 2 different mini colonies and the both prefer different flow and light so it is a guess where they like it at. LPS are weird like that I have a frogspawn right under a 150w MH and it is thriving anyplace else in the tank it pouts.

Lol that's crazy, how do I know If it's doing well? Right now its closed pretty tight and it's placed in low flow at the middle of the tank's height.

It will puff up that is the best way I can describe it. Give it a couple days there and then move it down further in the tank I have mine in the sand under 150w MH in a very low flow area for one and the other is more out in the light in a higher flow area. They like to make us guess where they want to be. Did you happen to dip it for pests sometimes iodine will upset them like that.

Back
Top Bottom