Bleached enemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spechty37

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I have an anemone will the bright orange foot not sure of the name. My problem is I think I bleached him about a month ago I got a really good light and I don't think I acclimated him long enough because he is no longer white he is a tanish brown color he is still eating good and acting normal he's just an ugly color is there anything I can do to get his color back

The anemone you describe is a condy, they have an orange foot. The fact that he is turning from white to brown is a good thing, he is working on coloring back up the way he should be. It will just take time. What light did you have and what did you upgrade to?

I just had the regular Florence that came with the tank I has him in there for about 4 months and he was doing good the I up graded to a coral life current I think that's what it's called it has two 250w halides and two antic not sure how that's spelled lol and they are 130w each and it also has 6 LEDs for moon light I got it on a timer from 8am til 10 am just the antics and from 10am til 6 pm halides and the antic then at 6 back to antics til 8pm the LEDs wow hope you can understand my gib or jabber lol

We say anemone is bleached when its color is white. Good thing you upgraded your lights now he is happy turning into its original color which is light brown. That's a healthy anemone.

Back
Top Bottom