With my recently upgraded 90g reef tank I noticed that the skeleton on my birdsnest is bleaching although the polyps look just fine. I turned down the light and checked parameters and noticed that they were pretty low. Lights are 120w dimmable Taotronics.
0ppm ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate
I was hoping that with the upgraded size and low amount of corals I'd be able to get away from supplements, although that doesn't look like it will be the case.
Should I keep the lights turned down while I try to rectify the lower levels of calcium and dKH
? Or what else do you guys think would be a prudent step to save my birdsnest?