Blender mush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
How do you make yours?

the last time i made some i used
ocean perch
raw shrimp
flake food
spinach
tank water
zoe
and some gelitan

I wanted to get some other ideas on how other people made there stuff. I made so much last time it lasted forever, but what i didn't like was that when i had to thaw it just before feeding, I had to stir it and break it up. Maybe too much gelitain?

Let me in on your secrets Please :yum:

I dont use any gelitan yet I still have to stir it up alot to break it up. :) I think the fish fats in my blend must hold it all together.

All the below was raw unless other wise noted

Squid
Oysters
Tuna steak
Scallions
Dred Nori Sheet
Tank water
... I think i used one other seafood item but cant remember...

Reeflady has webpage describing her wonderful mixture.

The last batch i made, i used:

Squid
Shrimp
Clams
Scallops
Catfish
Flake food
Pellet food
SeaweedSalad
Zoe
Garlic Guard
Tank Water

what is:

Dulse?
Golden Pearls?

# Azoo Artifical Rotifera
# Azoo Artifical Artemia?

What are the perportions of meaty stuff and how much food does in make, and what intervals do you feed?

I'm glad I read the recipie as i already have zoe, and was told that selco was better, but couldn't find any. :mrgreen: thanks.

what is:

Dulse?

A type of dried seaweed: "Dulse (Palmaria palmata) - is a red seaweed that grows attached to rocks by a "holdfast" in the North Atlantic and Northwest Pacific. It is commonly used in Ireland and Atlantic Canada both as food and medicinally and is now shipped around the globe. Dulse is found in many health food stores or fish markets or can be ordered directly from local distributors."

I get it from Rawhealth.net

Golden Pearls?

Take a look >>here<<

>>here<<

>>here<<

What are the perportions of meaty stuff and how much food does in make, and what intervals do you feed?

Hmmm, welll, the raw seafood probably makes up 60% of the mix, nori, dulse & any other vegg - 35% - and 5% going to the golden pearls & other misc powdered/dried stuff.

I try to make only a couple small ziploc bags full (enough for about a month) - the fresher the better.

We feed this daily.

your not trying to create a mood for fishy love...are you?

LOL - I guess not - we've had our pair of Ocellaris for almost 5 years now, and they've never had eggs....

Quote:
Golden Pearls?

Take a look >>here<<

Quote:

>>here<<

Quote:

>>here<<

are these stuff for baby fish? I don't have any.

I have 3 blue chromis and a cinimon clown some shrooms and GSP a toadstool, and some yellow polyps, some recordia and varyous crabs mithrax and such, including some hairy white ones

thanks

are these stuff for baby fish? I don't have any.

They are sometimes used to feed fry, but I use them more as a coral food (artemia & rotifera) - the Golden Pearls benefit both the adult fish & the corals. I have no baby fish either.

With the fish you have, you could go a little easier on the Nori/Dulse (veggies). We have 3 Tangs, so our mix/ratio might be a bit different.

We have a Purple Tang, a Yellow Tang, a Hippo Tang, a Copperband Butterfly, 2 Firefish, and 2 Ocellaris Clowns. They all love it.

Back
Top Bottom