Blender Mush Feeding Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkinnyPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I made my own blender mush using scallops, clams, squid, shrimp, nori, and garlic. All my fish LOVE it, especially my heni. He goes nuts.

My question is - how often should I feed them this stuff? I've been feeding what they can eat in about 2-3 minutes every day and I'm getting cyano on my sand. I just added a hob fuge and I'm adding chaeto this week so that should help - but, should I not be feeding everyday with this mush? Could I get away with every other day? I've got one yellow tang, 2 clowns, 1 heni, 1 watchman gobie.

Thanks.

- Skins

I would cut back to once every three days. Feed a chunk about the size of your pinky nail.

Would this be okay as the main food source for my heni? It seems to be the only thing he eats and he loves it, but he seems to be losing a little weight since I cut back on the feeding. I'm feeding small amount every day (starting just yesterday) because the heni is very skinny. But, I'm wondering if he is getting enough nutrition from just this mush (scallops, clams, squid, shrimp, nori, and garlic)? I've been feeding the tang nori and the clowns flakes every other day - but, the heni doesn't touch it.

Thanks

- Skins

have you tried soaking the nori in garlic for a little bit. it might entice his senses. I've heard of a member on RC who has success with his heni this way.

I have tried that. He gets 'interested' but takes maybe one or two bites and leaves it alone. I'm assuming that there is enough variety in the mush to serve it at every meal though, correct? There IS a couple sheets of nori in the mush so I'm assuming he's eating some of it.

You could also try adding a skimmer to your set-up. it would remove the nutrients before it could be absorbed by the tank thus reducing cyno.

I serve my fish the frozen mush everyday but I usually measure enough so each fish gets a few bites and thier enitre meal is eaten within 20 seconds. I get a cyno spot here and there on my lr but I don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom