Blender Mush, what do you think.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just had an idea for you mush makers out there :wink: if you go to a hobby store and look in the paint section, you'll find little plastic trays for a buck or so that have little dimples in them. The dimples are about 1/2-1" and usualy about 15-20 on a tray.

buy 10 trays. make your mush. pour the mush into the trays. put the trays in the freezer. when they're frozen, pop out your pre-measured mush lumps and feed as desired! (you could even pop them out ahead of time and put them in a baggie to save space in your freezer)

what'd ya think?

not bad billyz but what are the pans used for what they called? its not a paint roller pan is it? MMM BEER goooood! :lol:

what'd ya think?

I think I'm gonna try that the next time I make mush!! If I had a large tank with lot's of fish, I'd just make them in ice cube trays, but your idea suits my small tank and three fish nicely :wink:

oh, surry. They're paint mixing trays. They're used for mixing small amounts of paint to get a specific color. Usualy for painting models or figurines, etc.

reefrunner69 said:
I think I'm gonna try that the next time I make mush!! If I had a large tank with lot's of fish, I'd just make them in ice cube trays, but your idea suits my small tank and three fish nicely :wink:
And if I had more than 1 fish I might have a reason to make mush in the first place!! lol

I only have one fish, but need to feed him what he needs, and doing this everything gets some good grub.

I am inspired, think I willmake some too. I will do it when my husband is not around so he doesn't see me using the blender. :D

I had another idea last night. If you can't find the pain mixing trays (or don't want to spend the cash) use styrafoam egg cartons. This also lets you make each portion to the exact amount you want, anywhere from enough for 1 fish to 10 fish! (give or take a few ;o) )

Good idea Billy, I think over the years I have tried almost every type of holder out thier, but never thought of that one. Another good one is pill holder boxes. Most pharmacys will give them away for free and they have a good size to them. Right now I just make them in plastic ice cube trays.

Mike

That is a good idea Mike, but you must have a lot of fish, I only have one, there fore my pickings are slim.

Ok, so you can use vicks to take away the smell when making it, can't stand the smell of vicks not to mention the smell of seafood.
Any suggestions after you make it to make it so the smell doesn't come through the bag and then stink up the freezer?

I didn't have a problem, the ziplock freezer bags are very thick and the smell didn't leach. Also once frozen the smaell wasn't nearly as bad.

lol i guess that would work...i dont know about the vicks but hey it might help :lol:
ya i havent ever had a problem with other foods smelling up the freezer so i wouldnt worry about the mush. Ill have to get some pictures posted on here of my tank that you guys have helped me so much with :) Thanks for all the input on the mush topic you guys are creative and Awesome! Keep the ideas coming.

For cleaning I just used a bit of vinager in the blender and then in the hot water it goes. I also use the freezer bag like Kevin.

d9hp remeber with the blender mush you are not just feeding the fish but the whole tank. What I used to do when I didnt have a bunch of fish was to just ake a cube out and cut a peice off it with a knife, then put the balance back in.

hope it helps

Mike

Wow! nice thread.

How do you feed the cube to the tank? Do you just throw it in and it dissolves in the tank?

Thanks

BillyZ ~ Awesome idea! I'm going to try that next round for sure.

Sorry I'm coming into this thread a little late, but if anyone is interested, here is my Blender Mush Tank Food recipe

Do you just throw it in and it dissolves in the tank?

I use a small tupperware cup, put some tank water in that, and let a small piece of the food defrost in that. Once defrosted, I stir it up well, then dump into the tank. I might take some up into a Turkey baster to target feed the LPS.

Thanks,

I use a small tupperware cup, put some tank water in that, and let a small piece of the food defrost in that. Once defrosted, I stir it up well, then dump into the tank. I might take some up into a Turkey baster to target feed the LPS.

Ditto, accept I use a dixie cup ;)

If your letting it thaw and you shut off your overlow and filtration and just use PH to cycle it around in your tank is it necessary to use a turkey baster to feed corals?

Back
Top Bottom