Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-26-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Blenny

I have a 55 gallon tank with a lawnmower blenny, clown, and royal gamma in a 24 gallon I have a filament wrasse and a midas blenny. I would like to combine the 2 tanks but am concerned about the blennies getting along. The only other option is putting the midas in with a blue devil damsel and lemon peel. I worry about the midas getting the snot beat out by the lemon peel because of the colors or the lawnmower getting the snot beat out because the midas seems more aggressive of the two. I know I could keep the 24, 28 and the 55 but would rather just have 2 tanks.

Old 05-26-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I personally wouldn't risk the two blennies, but for things like this I do tend to err on the side of caution.

I would think though that the lawnmower would be able to escape the angel because it does blend in with rock fairly well, but I say try both, but keep the last tank up just in case neither the midas nor the lawnmower works out

Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had the lemon peel in the 55 with the clown, lawnmower and royal gamma for about 1 1/2 weeks. The lemon peel was aggressive towards all the fish that is how he ended up in with the blue devil and they have been together for about 3 weeks without any aggression at all.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

By all means go ahead and try but certainly keep watch, I'm just weary of blenny on blenny agression
Old 05-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

This picture is of my tank that I am going to be taking down it is it was taken about 6 months ago the coral has out grown the tank and will be fragged before putting in the new tank. This is the tank with the midas and filament wrasse. Some of the coral is now in the 55 as well.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Beautiful wrasse and I really like you're LPS garden out in the front
Old 05-27-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:04 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think the midas and lawnmower should be fine, I researched it a bit since I was planning on adding a lawnmower with my midas, I ended up adding a starry blenny to my tank which is very similar. From what I researched everyone who tried it said they got along fine. When I added the starry my midas didn't even seem to notice. The starry even sat right near the midas' home as soon as I put him in and no issues at all.

Of course all fish have different personalities though, good luck!
0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o.Kelsey.o0 View Post
I think the midas and lawnmower should be fine, I researched it a bit since I was planning on adding a lawnmower with my midas, I ended up adding a starry blenny to my tank which is very similar. From what I researched everyone who tried it said they got along fine. When I added the starry my midas didn't even seem to notice. The starry even sat right near the midas' home as soon as I put him in and no issues at all.

Of course all fish have different personalities though, good luck!
What size is your tank? I am planning on putting mine in a 55 gallon.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:19 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes I know it's a 55 gallon, mine is a 260 but I still think yours would do fine together. Like I said mine live literally right next to each other and don't even acknowledge that the other exists. You could always float the midas in something see-through like a clear bag and see if there is any aggression.

0o.Kelsey.o0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blenny

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com