blenny ate shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
has anyone ever heard of a dusky blenny picking on peppermint shrimp? one of mine has mysteriously disappeared ever since i added my blenny :(

It just does not sound like a blenny to do that but maybe I`m wrong. I have a black sailfin blenny and I`ve never seen mine mess with my shrimp. I `ve heard of stranger things.

I would say maybe the shrimp is hiding out for the moment till he gets used to the blenny? Also the possibility of him molting?

As justin said it could have molted. When the molt their outer shell is still soft for a while and they are more vulnerable. So they usually hide for several days till it hardens up.

yea im pretty sure he is gone:( has been missing for about 5 days...my sexy shrimp has also been missing for a couple days. i do still have one peppermint shrimp but she doesn't come out as much as she used to so there must be something scaring her.

Sounds like you got a mantis shrimp in your tank.

I think there is a lot more to put question of blame to then on assuming there is a Stomatopod there. Have you heard any clicking repeatedly....seen shells...body pieces laying around?

i really hope i dont have that mantis shrimp! there might be a small red crab...i fount it dead or its shedding a couple weeks ago. i havent found any body parts no, or shells

Back
Top Bottom