Blenny changing colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E249

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had by lawnmower blenny for several months and have not had any problems with him. I've noticed that he change color a little, appering lighter and darker. Today he had a red stripe on the back part of his dorsal fin. I have never seen this before and a saw on another sight that it could be because he is scared or dieing, is this true? He is still acting normal, but I did introduce a sail fin tang to the tank today. I checked the nitrate and ammonia levels and they are normal. Should I be worried about him?

P.S. I have fish only aquarium, I accidentaly posted in the wrong forum.

mine changes all the time. sometime hes almost black while others very lightly colored. i think its normal for a lawnmower to change color but i don't know about the red stripe...

My lawnmower blenny changes all the time from a white to a dark almost smoke back color. Ive often seen bits of red and blue spots that are noticeable under certain situations and lighting. Every time i look at him i see color change or something i didnt notice before.

The red is mostly in the large sail fin. Ive never heard anything about color being related to any problem, mine is fat and healthy.

Attachments

• image-1074796677.jpg
    image-1074796677.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3186118561.jpg
    image-3186118561.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1605336749.jpg
    image-1605336749.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 97
Back
Top Bottom