Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Blenny/Goby Compatibility

I have a 90 gallon reef tank. Currently I have 3 Bluegreen Chromis, a mated pair of Ocellaris Clowns, and a longnose hawkfish. (I also have a Zebra Dartfish in QT). I am planning on getting a Midas Blenny, Diamond Watchman Goby, 6line wrasse, and a kole tang. Would this be overstocking? also, I was looking at the lawnmower blenny. Would he be ok with the goby and the blenny?

I have a bunch of soft corals, a candy cane coral, a small CUC (im getting more asterea/cerith/nerite snails soon) and 3 peppermint shrimp too. Just FYI.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'd say you're at you limit just about if you add those guys. I would say the midas blenny and lawmnower should be fine, they look nothing like each other which if they look similar you could have issues. I plan on adding a midas to my tank and I have a lawnmower already.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I'd say you're at you limit just about if you add those guys. I would say the midas blenny and lawmnower should be fine, they look nothing like each other which if they look similar you could have issues. I plan on adding a midas to my tank and I have a lawnmower already.
I was just kinda wondering about the diamond watchman goby and the lawnmower blenny, because they both stay on the bottom of the tank and look relatively similar. But thanks!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I currently have a pink spotted watchman and the lawnmower and they have been fine together.

You'll be fine.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I currently have a pink spotted watchman and the lawnmower and they have been fine together.

You'll be fine.
Thanks carey! (15 characters)
Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

My lawnmower killed my sandshifter goby.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

My lawnmower is aggressive towards my clown. I had to take my filament wrasse out of a tank with my midas because of aggression/ Every fish is an individual and some times they just don't get along. My other lawnmower got along with the clown just fine.

Tags
blenny, compatibility, goby

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com