Blenny, hawkish and goby together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all yet another question. I have a 110 gallon tank and wanted to know if I could have a a bicolour blenny, long nose hawkfish and a yellow spot jarhead goby? At the moment the tank is stocked with:
Maroon clown
Fox face
Bicolour blenny
Flasher wrasse
La marks angel
Long nose hawkfish

I wanted to also add a tang not sure what one yet and possibly the goby if it won't fight with the blenny. Thank you for taking the time to read this and any responses are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The blenny and goby should be fine. The goby lives in the sandbed and they shouldn't bother each other.
As for the tang, you could probably get one in there depending on the type of tang you choose. Some would be great fits for a tank this size, but there are some that get huge and are very aggressive and wouldn't play nice.

Just to throw it out there but my friends bicolor blenny was a coral destroying menace. Not saying they all are but this one chewed on corals like a dog on a bone. That was in a 29 though so is think you'd be ok in a 110. As far as a tang how about a kole or tomini? I just got a kole and while shy at first he's out all the time now picking at algae. Subtle yet beautiful coloration as well.

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking of the keyhole and I've already checked my blenny. I had my blenny in my nano reef tank for 2 years. It had all sorts in it and the blenny didn't eat anything so thankfully I won't lose any of my expensive corals.

Back
Top Bottom