Bloodworms good for saltwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckycat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have some freeze dried bloodworms (red mosquito larvae) from San Fansisco Bay Brand. I was going to give these to my saltwater fish/critters (clownfish, shrimp, some red hermits), but it says on the container "For all FRESHWATER fish".

Are bloodworms not good for saltwater fish/water?

Ordinarily, protien is protien. You shouldnt see any ill effects from feeding them the blood worms, but their natural food is always the best. Stay away from brine...no nutrition what so ever.

:wink:

give it to them it won't hurt, just don't feed it to them all the time. :roll: They need other stuff too. :mrgreen:

Brine is kind of like potato chips. They love it, but its not really the best for them. Look in the frozen food section and they will have a good mix of foods. Or you can go to the sea food section of your local grocery store. Buy a mix of the things that would be found in the ocean (usually one of each will work. for example..one prawn, one scallop). Blend them together, add R/o water (this will help it break up easier) and freeze.

Squishy

I'm glad the bloodworms are ok. They must be the tastiest thing on earth. I can soak them in meds, vitamins, whatever and the fish still devour them.

Back
Top Bottom